What Makes The Country School Different?
Researchers have found that students in K to 8 schools achieved higher scores on standardized tests and GPAs, especially in math. They also found that K through 8 students participated more in extracurricular activities, showed greater leadership skills, and were less likely to be bullied.
Physical fitness is integral to a Country School education. Our physical education program is skill based and designed to build confidence, cooperation, but most of all, to be fun!
In the Lower School we use games and exercises to build coordination, trust, sharing, and sportsmanship. Upper School students may participate in our no-cut interscholastic team sports program when they reach sixth grade.
Each student is a part of a year-long service learning project in our community starting in Kindergarten. From visiting with elderly neighbors to cleaning up our local waterways, students learn how their individual contributions can make a difference.
They tend to the Healing Garden at Hospice. They make lunches for the Neighborhood Service Center. Beyond fundraisers or drives, our kids go out into local organizations to form lasting relationships.
Our values are honesty, respect, responsibility, compassion, generosity, commitment, cooperation, fairness, and moral courage. These aren’t just words. They shape our interactions as a community on the playground, in the hallways, on the sports fields, and in the classroom.
Each month, our entire school focuses on a different value.
- Everhart Named Upper School Head We are pleased to announce the appointment of Wilson Everhart as the new Upper School Head. Click here for more information.
- Fall Issue of Cougar Online The Fall issue of the Upper School’s literary magazine, Cougar Online, has been published here. Enjoy!
- Totally 80's Celebration! Join us for an AWESOME auction in the Field House, 7pm, Saturday February 7. Click HERE for more details and to purchase tickets.
- Yearbooks on Sale Now Order your Cougar yearbook now! Books must be pre-ordered. Extras are generally not available for sale after printing.
- US Musical: Play Rehearsal – CANCELLEDFri. Jan 30, 2015
- US Musical: Play RehearsalMon. Feb 2, 2015
- Basketball Practice 3:30-5:30 Boys FWC/Girls TCSTue. Feb 3, 2015
- Assembly: Fourth Grade Presentation (3B P/S)Wed. Feb 4, 2015
- US Musical: Play RehearsalWed. Feb 4, 2015
- Girls & Boys A – NO PRACTICEThu. Feb 5, 2015